Hot Rocs Rogaine
Rotorua, 5 Nov 05
8 and 4 hours, daylight. Planner
The Hot ROCs rogaine November 5th was hotly contested between a local Rotorua pair,
Mark McKenna/Jon Thompson, and a pair from Wellington, Greg Thurlow/Adrian Lysaght.
The hometown advantage was blown away with strong south easterlies that the men and
three other teams from Wellington had brought up with them. Greg and Adrian coming
away with a lead of 140 points, and a total of 1360.
Third place overall went to another Wellington pair, Vicki Connor and Colin Slater.
Not one of the 8 hour teams managed to obtain the chocolate fish on offer if they got
all four 90 point controls, so those who used the Blue Lake to cool off netted the
Te Puke pair of Sam McNally and Robert Broomfield won the 4-hour option with a
creditable 700 points.
We had three teams time out: team MAD, made up of Lyn, Amber (8-10yrs) and Mike
Helliwell missed by 3 minutes, Amber in her first rogaine ran the last 1½ hours
in some pretty rugged country receiving a few racing stripes during a bush bash.
“The Missing”, set off a wee search, but returned unaided nearly 2 hours late,
the main thing they missed was relating map scale to actual distance. They too
were first time rogainers, all keen to give rogaine another shot.
4 HOUR COURSE
- Sam McNally/Robert Broomfield :- (OMEN) (04:01) 710 -10L =700 1st Open Men
- Mathew And Wayne Smith :- Mats Team (OMEN) (03:44) 660
- Phil Bonney/Michelle Watson :- Sundog (OMIX) (03:53) 610 1st Open Mixed
- Ross Leckie/Cameron Helliwell :- ROC FAM (03:49) 470 1st Family
- Nic Evans and Larissa Coubrough
:- Often Licked Never Beaten OWOMEN (04:17) 500 -180L =320 1st Open Women
- Ellis Lam/Mary Ho :- Double Trees FAM (03:51) 210
- Lyn, Amber And Mike Helliwell :- MAD FAM (04:33) 500 -500L =0
- Trudy Vickers and
Phil Hereford :- The Hare And The Tortise OMIX (05:20) 470 -470L =0
- Chris Cooke/Henrik Akerstedt
And Wei Sheng Phee :- The Missing (JMEN) (05:48) 310 -310L =0 1st Junior Men:-))
8 HOUR COURSE
- Greg Thurlow/Adrian Lysaght :- Bart OMEN (07:57) 1360 1st Open Men
- Mark McKenna/Jon Thompson
:- Team Rachael OMEN (07:46) 1220
- Colin Slater/Vicki Connor :- Securify.co.nz OMIX (07:36) 1120 1st Open Mixed
- Henry Beex/Denis Litt
:- Green Meanies Minus One VETMEN (07:51) 1060 1st Vet Men
- Tineke And Allen Berthelsen
Plus 2 Ringins :- Then There Were Four FAM (07:35) 1040 1st Family
- Hilary Frewin/Jacqui Sinclair
:- Wobbly Wheels OWOMEN (07:53) 880 1st Open Women
- Jo Holden/Chris Sherwood and
Gordon Mac Donald :- MACSHERDENS OMIX (07:47) 850
- Matt Gleeson/Greg Adams and
Phil Nicholls :- Can't Go Wrong OMEN (07:56) 820
- Raewyn And Angela Simpson and
Elaine Barrington :- The Pongy Pungas OWOMEN (07:22) 810
- Joan & Daivd Julian/Alison Wylds and
Pauline & Steve Fisher :- Berry Two OMIX (07:52) 550
- Tony And Rachael Jackson OMIX (07:34) 540
- Gareth Butcher/Sarah Gissing
:- The Incredibles OMIX (07:34) 540
- Brent Nijssen/Chris Miles :- Lost OMEN (07:53) 530
This page was assembled
and installed on 9 Nov 05.