9th World Rogaining Championship 2010 Cheviot New Zealand
The IRF Executive have been negotiating an Entry Criteria for 9WRC2010 Cheviot New Zealand with the NZRA. The criteria is in effect a modified and reversed 8WRC Estonia entry criteria. Pre qualified followed by diversity and low representation followed by open entry. The final Entry Criteria will be finalised and announced soon.
The characteristics of the 9th WRC Entry Criteria as of this date is
- 550 limit negotiated between NZRA and landowners
- two or three person teams only
- the entry process will be in four phases
- 0 phase - promotion of the entry criteria etc
- 1 phase see below 'Pre Qualifying Entrants' and others wait listed
- 2 phase see 'Under representation criteria' and others wait listed
- 3 phase wait list exhausted and entries taken on a first come first served basis to 550
- dates to be confirmed
Pre Qualifying Entrants: Defined
These criteria are used to determine automatic entry during phase 1.
- 1.1) all teams that include 1 past world open category champion in their team (MO, WO, and XO)
- 1.2) all teams that include 1 medal winner (three best teams) from the following qualifying events. Medal winners are top 3 teams in any of the 12 age gender categories.
- WRC (2006 and 2008),
- European Rogaining Championships, 2008&2009
- North American Rogaining Championship, 2008&2009
- New Zealand Rogaining Championship 2008&2009
- Australian Rogaining Championships. 2008&2009
- 1.3) IRF members and observers
- 1.4) A matter remains outstanding between the IRF Executive and the NZRA.
Underrepresentation Criteria Defined
These criteria are used to determine automatic entry during phase 2.
Final details will follow very soon.
- Teams from non- or underrepresented rogaining countries, up to a total of 10 competitors per country (incl. current registrations)
- Teams in underrepresented age-gender categories (e.g., WJ, WSV, XJ, MJ), up to a total of 6 teams per category (incl. current registrations)
Link to 9WRC web site
IRF Promotion and Development Offcier
10th September 2009
This page was assembled by
and installed on 11 Sep 09.