The MAPsport SHOP
5 Atahu Grove, Lower Hutt 5010, New Zealand Phone (04) 566 2645
CLUB AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES
(updated 3 Dec 19)
Special offer to clubs and schools: volume discount
on a sliding scale from $500; terms and conditions apply.
- Consider a book for special effort or event success prizes.
Or a Headband? Or a mini control flag? Regret we don't do gift vouchers any more, having announced that we'll close up at some stage.
- Beginner Compasses:
Silva, what ARE you thinking of, ending the Mapguide compass. Sorry teachers and coaches:-(( Advice from current coaches is, OK can we get them into a thumb compass (which they will end up using anyway.)
So we've brought in the cheapest Moscow thumbie, the Model 22. As before we apply the lower box-lot mark-up to make them affordable for families, so its the same price $35 singly or $350 for 10. For a significant order that we can piggyback onto our next import, we may be able do even better than that, so give us as much advance notice as you can.
- For compass work (not to be confused with orienteering)
we supply the Silva Field,
which is a baseplate compass like the popular Ranger but with a shorter base. $40 singly, $350 for a box of 10.
We'll give you a similar discount if
you want to buy a box of Rangers.
These can be used for orienteering, in the same way that you could drive to the office on a Ferguson tractor.
- We sometimes have difficulty with stock levels here - there are no sales for months and then two orders will clean us out. Forecast your needs in advance if you can.
- Silva Control Punches. These have been around "for ever" and are "tough as old boots".
Two series of 10 different punch patterns ("A" and "B").
Box of 10, includes strings for hanging. Price down a tad in the Dec 2019 review to $120.
- Loreta Control Punches.
These come from Vavrys in Czech. We've been selling them for 10-15 years, its a different plastic which can break if mishandled eg a bundle of stakes gets tangled up. Fitted with string for hanging. They have a little tab on the underside designed to fit a locating hole on the stand - or it can be cut off. Three series of 10 different punch patterns ("A", "B" and "C"). Packs of 10, exchange rate changes price to $80.
- Silva Control Flags. Ask to see the fade test! Price down a tad in the Dec 2019 review to $210 for a pack of 10.
- Vavrys Control Flags.
These also come from the Czech republic. The sample has survived the Wellington wind for 6 months. Packs of 10, exchange rate changes price to $145. They also make a half-size flag ($105 for 10) and tiny 6cm mini-flags. The last are mostly bought singly as a novelty item ($9), but you can have 10 for $75.
- Control Stands. Lightweight and robust fibreglass stakes
with foot pedal and cross piece drilled to take control punch;
metal ring to attach flag. Singles $15, or $130 per 10. This design will not take a Sport Ident mounting plate as well as a clipper, it's one or the other. However it will be fine for schools etc. Stands are quite h ard to package for shipping and we reserve the right to charge a bit for this; but will always explore ways of delivering at an event where we can simply hand over a bundle.
- Complete Control Set, consisting of stand fitted with clipper, plus flag. Just add your choice of control code, we suggest animal tags from a farming supplier. $460 for set of 10 with Silva flag/punch, $355 with Vavrys flag/punch.
Please see our books page, along with our comments about the demand for and availability of books:-)) The Orienteering NZ website has a Resources section - look for "Coaching", "Schools" and "Club Operation".
For mail order phone (04) 566 2645, or write to
at 5 Atahu Grove, Lower Hutt 5010.
We'll invoice with the goods, and you can pay by bank transfer or old-fashioned cheque.
All prices shown include GST, and we will issue a GST invoice.