The MAPsport SHOP
5 Atahu Grove, Lower Hutt 5010, New Zealand Phone (04) 566 2645
(updated 5 Apr 17)
Trade-ins, discontinued lines, buying errors, sale on commission. Donate the proceeds to the ONZ Development Squad and we will donate our commission too:-))
- We sometimes get trade-ins on SI-cards so occasionally have version 5's in stock. We pay $30, put a new strap on and sell at $35 - we don't seek to make the markup twice. This model is slow to punch (0.5sec) but holds 33 controls. (We do reserve the right to decline tradeins if we get too many.)
- Lookover specs; your eyes change and you need a stronger pair. These aren't as rugged as an SI card, we'll pay $10 for a tradein in good nick, put a neoprene strap on and sell at $15. Just one snag, people can't always remember and we can't tell what strength used ones are! Try them out with a tricky map. (We do reserve the right to decline tradeins if we get too many.)
- Miry Mapholder; we get customers wanting to swap their 25mm bracket for 32mm because they've got a new bike. Or maybe they can be persuaded to buy a new Miry complete, if there's a customer with 25mm bars for their old one. We'll put you in contact directly.
- Not sure if you'll like MTB-orienteering? Too soon to buy a fancy mapholder? We sell a bargain basement model at only $5. Piece of thick corflute with appropriate holes, couple of re-usable cable ties tie it to your bike, and some huge rubber bands hold the map onto it. Yes of course you could make it yourself, but did you get round to it?
- Northern Hemisphere Baseplate Compass. Silva Jet, top needle, in good condition, $100.
- Wilderness Reflex parka, Lilac/green, mesh liner, size M, good condition after little use, $30.
- Orienteering tops, Sportvogl traditional designs in Large,
half the old price at $30. Or under half price at $20 if you buy o-trou at the same time!
- Orienteering trou, straight-leg traditional style, Lge. Couple XL black, an L orange and a S orange: $30. Got a good used L Green at $15.
- Three-quarter pants, L white. Out they go at $20.
- Some small gaiters in the once-prevalent VJ brand, small size. We have yellow and red, under a third of new, $20. And an even smaller pair of Silva gaiters, can't tell if these have been used, but only $10. Do your kids like dressing up?
- New Shoes, usu superceded models...
- Jalas sizes under 4 always had a permanent price reduction, see new shoes section. Further reduced to $60. In stock: 2, 2.5, 3.
- Jalas Jukola, for years our mainstay, these last for AGES. Price reduced to $98, sizes available 7.5, 6.5. See used ones too in size 7 below.
- Vavrys Raptor orienteering shoe with mini spikes. Looks very similar to Jalas but no experience with how long they last. Supposedly 10.5 but didn't fit the intended user, suspect really 9.5. $98.
- Jalas Cross Control high-top orienteering shoe with ankle brace, mini spiked sole. Size 7 narrow fit but brand new, sizing mistake. Will sell at $150.
- Vasque Velocity, trail shoe, people like the stiffness of its sole especially after many hours on the go, only these sizes left (NB US sizes): Womens 9.5; Mens 8. Price $150. I love these shoes, can show you a pair that I've done several 24hr rogaines in.
- Pre-loved shoes in (UK) size order...
- Size 3-ish Silva World Cup (rubber studded o-shoes), three pairs, all well used, suit child $10.
- Size 4-ish VJ spiked orienteering shoes, well used, $20
- Size 5 (still readable on the inside!) Olway spiked orienteering shoes, half worn, $30
- Jalas Jukola rubber-studded orienteering shoe, size 6-ish, well used $20
- Size 6.5 Adidas Response Trail Shoes, as new, $50.
- Size 7 Jalas Jukola rubber-studded orienteering shoe, only used a couple of times, price $60. Another pair, more use, $30.
- Size 8 Silva TX3000 orienteering shoe, budget model, new, $50.
- Size 9-ish Jukola Spider, has mini spikes, good cond $70
- Size 9-ish VJ Falcon, mini spikes, well used $30
- Size 9.5 Nokia orienteering shoe. Strange "minimal" design, narrow fitting, would suit emergency use eg where spikes not allowed. Unused, $10.
onsite at Major Events.
For mail order phone (04) 566 2645, or write to 5 Atahu Grove, Lower Hutt 5010.
We'll invoice with the goods, and you can pay by cheque, bank transfer, Visa or Mastercard.
Prices shown include GST.